There are two elements to the conservation framing that we undertake – the repair of original frames, and the provision of advice regarding the reframing of works using archival quality framing materials.
Some of the framing work we undertake includes:
- Removal/reduction of varnish layers on frames
- Regilding/applying new gilding to frames
- Repair to broken frames (including remoulding)
- Provision of advice regarding frame colour, style and matt choice
- Provision of advice regarding frame care
- Provision of documentation (condition reports, treatment assessments, treatment reports)