Works of art on paper includes watercolours, prints, ink and pencil drawings, charcoal drawings, pastels, historical documents (maps, manuscripts, documents, certificates, plans). We also conserve photographs and books.
Treatment of works on paper may include:
- Surface cleaning
- Tape and adhesive removal
- Removal of harmful backing materials
- Removal/reduction of spots (foxing) staining and discolouration
- Removal and treatment of mould
- Flattening (removal/reduction of distortions)
- Tear repairs
- Surface consolidation
- Remounting in archival materials
- Provision of advice regarding works on paper care, mounting and display
- Provision of documentation (condition reports, treatment assessments, treatment reports)
“The Care of Artworks on Paper” which is available as hard copy from our studio, or via post.